Wednesday, November 5, 2008

last saturday

On saturday, I had to make big decisions! I had to decide whether I would stay with the automat format of vending machine, the cultural snack selection I'd updated, and ideas for my package designs.

Since I realized the importance of the package design, I had to develop my basket to something else. For the automat idea, the greatest thing was that the user actually can see the food through the window and also the automat format is quite new to the usrs. I wanted to keep it.
However, as I developed and sketched my package designs, I realize that there are so many restrictions working with automat format in terms of maintenance for freshness(since my new selection of snacks is daily+fresh food). Also, I found it is kind of meaningless to design package for such vending machine.

So I decide to go back to my first idea that I proposed in Phase 2 presentation..
I came back to the idea to work with ordinary vending machine with snacks that can be storaged for longer period.

So I started sketching some ideas in the last photo at the bottom.
I still wanted to keep the window idea to show what is in the package.
I had conversation w/ Chloe, and through the conversation we came up with good ideas (big thanks to Chloe!!)

-use the window to shape each country which will become the illustration for my package.
-arrage every package in a way that will make a certain image overall, so that the user wants to collect every product in order to make a poster out of the experience. (map of the world, logo image)

No comments: