Sunday, November 30, 2008

window?



last thursday... I realized that some of maps on the package does not show enough of the snack inside (especially Japan and Italy because of their long and thin geographical shapes)..
so I tried quick changes and made some prototype.

my findings are

1) showing actual food through transparency window isn't a good idea

you have no control over the location of the snack. it also does not look good if you see the broken snack inside. (rejected)

2) having window shaped snack photo on the package. YES. with wider/bigger window
you can see the "part" of the snack well. if the photo is beautifully taken, no problem of location or broken pieces.

BUT still "part" of the snack can be shown, not the whole. you can't still find out what kind of snack it is before you actually try it. I found there is no big difference between having photos in the long and thin map form and in a wider/bigger window form.

I will admit that there is a difficulty to know what snack is inside, but isn't it the attractiveness of mail? you don't know what's inside until you open it! :-p

I have to make sure my description is tasty enough to persuade them to try it.

No comments: