Wednesday, October 8, 2008

3rd idea : sharing stories


The art of collecting stories by Jonathan Harris



part asian • 100% hapa






PostSecret by Frank Warren






I love how these projects were done: sharing+collecting stories
These stories make me think, try to connect with the story.

I'd like to do this for my project.
collecting stories of youth and make a book that we can all share and feel other's stories.
focuse on one's cultural food experience, they can talk about thier own food culture(their dinner, birthday foods, holiday, traditional food) or one's experience of new food.
some stories they want to share with others which they think it is worthy to spread.
ex) the first time using chapstick or some happening resulted from ignorance of the cultural etiquette.

I can ask them to take photo or draw images while they are having and after the experience of the food culture. record how you eat, what you eat, with whom, at where, feeling, etc.

I can gather stories by actually interviewing them or call for stories+image/photo or asking them to collect stories their own so that they can interact with others and share their
story in person.

after collecting the stories I can make a book, poster, wall paper, or poster card, etc. something can be spread.

maybe locker exhibition?!

No comments: