Thursday, October 30, 2008

sketches



So this is the direction I am working with. The top one is just one of my sketches I will try to come up with several designs and select one that I like.. The cultural plates will have similar or the same graphic but with different color treatment..

bottom one is for my naming and type treatment.. I want bold, modern, simple, geometric typefaces like futura, century gothic, and bauhaus for fun.. I wish I can have really pretty modern typefaces, but I should stick with what I have rather than buying it... :(

I had so much difficult time coming up with my brand name..
Right now, I am going for "Origin"

origin |ˈôrəjən|
noun
1 the beginning of something's existence : a novel theory about the origin of oil | the name is Norse in origin.
• a person's social background or ancestry : they will be asked about their ethnic origin | a voice that betrays his Southern origins.
• the place or situation from which something comes : an indication of the country of origin.
2 Anatomy the place or point where a muscle, nerve, or other body part arises, in particular
• the more fixed end or attachment of a muscle.
• a place where a nerve or blood vessel begins or branches from a main nerve or blood vessel.
3 Mathematics a fixed point from which coordinates are measured, as where axes intersect.
ORIGIN early 16th cent.: from French origine, from Latin origo, origin-, from oriri ‘to rise.’

Origin is a word meaning "beginning." In this sense, it may refer to:

1) this VM is the origin; it will provide the beginning chance of experiencing other cultures
2) this VM will provide the user with knowledge of where each food came from, the origin.
3) this VM creates interaction between cultures, they intersect.

I think Origin has a good connection to my VM... and the symbol "(O)" came from my first idea of two round tables around the cylinder shape vending machine in the in the middle. When you look at it on the top, the shape is like "(O)".. even though I am not going to work with the cylinder shape VM anymore, "(O)" symbol is still connected with the meaning of the word 'origin'..

No comments: