Tuesday, October 28, 2008

bye package idea

When I talked with Tak, he mentioned that
"my selection of cultural snacks doesn't look tasty + attractive for the youth"

hmmm,, I tried to select snacks that represent the culture and also use healthy ingredients.
If I were the user, I would try everything and find delicious, but if it doesn't look tasty for the youth, which seems to be true, it will not work.

At this point, I decided that I am not going to limit what snacks will be in my product line as long as I define it as healthy and cultural. What I need to focus more is the visual aspect and the concept how to engage the youth to experience cultural snacks rather than what I am going to make them to eat..

What I should focus on is how to create the experience more fun, exciting, and sharable with others... so that they realize, learn, and interact more with other cultures..
Avoid the ordinary vending machine.. While I was talking with Tak and Chloe, there were few
crazy ideas about the new way of operating vending machines..


-mysterious concept : the user can open the cover and check what kind of snack inside.

-ball track : the snack itself can be packaged in the ball (gum or candy) and the way it delivers to the user can be fun. With the map background, the selected snack travles from its origin to Vancouver which is the destination.

-random flavor : It can be chips with different cultural flavor. When the user press random button, the machine gives you random flavors. you cannot expect what you'll get.

-Automat : it is a fast food restaurant where simple foods and drink are served by coin-operated and bill-operated vending machine. (below) You can look at the actual food through the window. With the table provided, the users can share their snacks and have conversation.

-vending machine locations : each cultural vending machine can be located at the place where it relates to the characteristic of the culture or the benefit of the food. Ex) Greek v.m can be located near the fountain since there are many fountains in Greece..

-snack with give away toys or something that can be collected : then the youth will come back to collect other things.

so, these ideas were generated to make the experience fun and continuable.

No comments: