Friday, October 24, 2008

going back

last week, I totally focused on developing my snack company brand: brand naming and snack selection.. After I talked with Tak on thursday, I felt that I was not looking at things broadly enough. I kind of directed myself to the smallest part of my solution.


I realized that creating this brand and designing the package are not enough to engage
the student. It is like who cares about these snacks? More important thing to think about is how to engage them so that they can interact with the snack..I should look more about designing experience of the vending machine user..

-where the vending machine will be located?
-how my vending machine different from other ordinary machines?
-how would I differenciate each cultures?
-how would they get the food? is it just pushing and picking or something else?
-where sharing experience would happen at? tables around the machine?
-how would I make them to come back and try something else later?
-what do they see appealing? the way the food delievers to the user?
-is the experience active, passive, or interactive?

vending machine
* good
-convenience : easy, quick, anywhere, variety
-economical : cheap (machines keeps costs low because hiring staff and leasing a location is expensive.)

*bad
-lack of sense (can't smell, touch, feel : not tangible before the purchase)
-lack of interaction (choosing, purchasing, getting the food)

No comments: